* This will be the first game between these teams since Columbus moved out of the Central Division. The Blackhawks have won their last 11 games against the Blue Jackets, one shy of the longest active streak in any series (Boston, 12 straight wins versus Edmonton).
* The Blue Jackets defeated Dallas on Tuesday, 4-2, for their third consecutive victory. Columbus improved to 14-5-1 since January 6, the highest winning percentage (.725) in the league over that span.
* With a 4-2 loss at home to Colorado on Tuesday, the Blackhawks have lost three of their last four games (two of three since the Olympic break). Second-place Chicago (86) is two points behind the Blues (88) and one point ahead of the Avalanche (85) in the Central Division.
* Blue Jackets center Artem Anisimov registered a pair of goals on Tuesday, extending his goal-scoring streak to four games, the longest of his career. He also matched a career high with 14 faceoff wins on Tuesday.
* Patrick Kane has totaled 36 points in 34 career games versus Columbus. But after scoring 23 goals through his first 41 games this season, Kane has been limited to four goals over his past 21 games.
* Corey Crawford has not surrendered more than two goals in any of his last seven starts against the Blue Jackets, going 7-0-0 with a 1.13 GAA and a .963 save percentage.