Blackhawks Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Colorado
* Colorado has won three of its last four games while scoring at least four goals in all four games. The last time Colorado scored four or more goals in five straight games was during the 2008-09 season (5 straight from October 14-23, 2008).
* The Avalanche and Blackhawks have alternated wins and losses for each of the last seven games in this series, with only two of those games being decided by fewer than three goals.
* Chicago won its last game 5-1 over the Penguins on Saturday. The Blackhawks have scored five goals in three of their last four wins, and 20 of their 36 wins on the season.
* Ryan O’Reilly has notched multiple points in two of his last three games but still ended up with a negative plus/minus in both games. On the season O’Reilly has had multiple points with a negative plus/minus three times, while no other Avalanche player has more than one such game.
* Matt Duchene has gone without a goal in 12 of his last 13 games, but he’s not been silent, racking up 12 assists in those games and two goals in the one game where he did manage to score.
* Jonathan Toewes scored twice while adding an assist in the Blackhawks’ 5-1 win over Pittsburgh on Saturday. It was Toewes’ first game with at least three points since his four-point performance against Colorado on December 27.