Students injured in cooking class incident at Northside College Prep

Several Chicago public school students were  injured today when gas ignites during a cooking class.      The Northside College Prep High School kids were heating hot chocolate on a single-burner stove when the ignition happened.

One student is in serious condition at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, and their face and arm is being treated for burns.

Another is in good-to-fair condition and two others are in fair-to-serious condition.

A fifth student declined to be taken to a hospital.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

3 comments

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 550 other followers