Family seeks community help after losing child in apartment fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

It’s been 5 days since 3-year-old Ja’Antwan (Jay) Edward died when two homes caught on fire on Valentine’s Day.

Now his family is looking for help of any kind.

His body remains at the morgue, with no plans yet to lay him to rest; which is why his mother, Consuelo, and others are making a plea for community help.

It was Friday evening, Valentine’s Day when flames engulfed two homes in the 100 block of North Laramie

Jay’s 14-year old brother Donte told the Tribune he believes Jay accidentally started the fire while trying to cook.

If you would like to help in any way, you can contact the West Health Authority at 773-378-1878

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s