We visit a bakery on the south side of Chicago. The owner Bill Ball, started baking after giving up his corporate job in the suburbs because the long drive and stress wasn’t making him happy.
So he reached back to roots and his mother’s recipe for pound cake, and decided to put his heart and soul into baking.
1. Prepare baking pan with shortening and brown sugar
2. Line baking pans with pecans
3. Place apple wedges over pecans
4. Dice bread pieces, raisins, nuts
5. Mix the above with eggs, milk and sugar
6. Place this mixture over apple and pecans
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes
8. Remove from oven and flip entire pan upside down onto a serving dish
9. Cut and Serve
For additional information please contact:
Abundance Bakery at 773 373-1971
105 E 47th St, Chicago, IL 6061