$2.5M bond for man charged in murder of store clerk

bardlettA judge set bond at $2.5 million for a man charged with killing a store clerk in Bensenville.

Kenneth Bardlett of Bellwood is charged with first degree murder for the death of Hussein Saghir.

Saghir was shot and killed during an attempted robbery by two men outside Sam’s Tobacco and Food Mart on January 19th.

The shooting was caught on surveillance cameras outside the store.  Police say Bardlett admitted to being at the scene, and even pointed himself out in the video.  Prosecutors say he was not the trigger man.

Bardlett is also charged with armed robbery.

Police are looking for the second suspect.

11 Comments to “$2.5M bond for man charged in murder of store clerk”

calvin said:
    February 12, 2014 at 10:29 AM

am I the only one that wants the death penalty reinstated?

Patrick said:
      February 12, 2014 at 12:06 PM

So the innocent can be killed with the guity thats a not a Idea.

Mark Greensburg said:
      February 12, 2014 at 2:54 PM

I would agree. In other countries, you kill someone you are put to death. That should be the case here

Dick Beninya said:
    February 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

But he’s a good boy, he was turning his life around and talked about getting one of them GEDs …

esco said:
    February 12, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Look at the cute star on his cheek, add some lipstick maybe some blush. 💋

smitty said:
    February 12, 2014 at 7:52 PM

I guess this perp doesn't care that it's black history month

14th Gen American said:
    February 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Mr. Greensburg, you said it 100% correct. Just another reason to reinstate segregation. Wouldn’t want him living next door to me. Or even in my state for that matter.

Alan said:
      February 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM

What you're really saying is you want slavery back. I lived through segregation it was deplorable. I was spit on, hit with rocks etc, etc. I fought back, I spit back…King was great man, I disagreed with his non-violent approach, it didn't prevent Blacks from being killed. So I followed the eye for an eye approach that worked, they stopped spitting, hitting and name calling when I did to them what they did to me. Therefore, segregation isn't the answer.

I believe in the death penalty, this perp should pay with his life. There's no excuse for that behavior. But it's amazing your racist relatives weren't put to death for their actions. I wouldn't trust living in your neighborhood because of what you would do because of a persons skin color. That's why I live by my creed "Never Forget, Never Forgive".

14th Gen American said:
    February 13, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Ha…..Alan, you’re wrong in your accusations about my families’ past. Plus, you are confused about my statement – wasn’t about bringing slavery back. Wouldn’t want to own one, just wouldn’t want one around me. You should travel to the Southside, take the bars off business’ windows and watch them loot steal and continue to tarnish what MLK had started. “Whitey’s brain built it and browns tearing it down. “

bobhamiltonchicago said:
    February 13, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Mr.and Mrs Bardlett must be so proud.