* The Blackhawks lost, 5-4, in overtime to the Flames at Scotiabank Saddledome last night, and have now dropped four straight games for the first time in 2013-14. Chicago is 0-6 in overtime (non-shootout) games this season – worst of any team in the league.
* Vancouver lost, 4-2, at home to the Oilers on Monday, and is 3-3-2 in its last eight tilts at Rogers Arena overall (since December 30). The Canucks are 8-18-5 when scoring fewer than three goals this season (19-0-4 when scoring three or more).
* These clubs have split two games this season, each winning by a single tally on the other’s home ice. Dating to November 22, 2009, the Blackhawks and Canucks have played 16 times during the regular season, and each has skated off with eight wins.
* Marian Hossa netted his 22nd marker of the season last night, giving him eight goals in his last 12 games overall – tied for second most of any Western Conference skater since games of January 3. The Blackhawks are the only club in the league boasting three players with at least 20 goals in 2013-14 (Sharp – 27 and Kane – 25 are the others).
* Called up from Utica on Monday, Jordan Schroeder scored both of the Canucks’ goals in their loss to the Oilers two nights ago. Schroeder, who has zero points in two career skates against the Blackhawks, had just three markers in his first 34 games in the NHL.
* Chicago is 19-2-4 (.833) in the second of back-to-back games since the beginning of last season – easily the best mark in the NHL (Anaheim is second at 14-3-3).