* These teams have split the first two games of their season series, with each winning once on the other’s home ice. The Blackhawks are 16-4-1 versus Calgary since 2008-09.
* The Blackhawks have dropped three straight games for the third time this season. But they haven’t lost four in a row since a nine-game skid between 1/21/2012 and 2/14/2012.
* The Flames overcame a 4-2 deficit in the third period to defeat Nashville in a shootout on Friday, 5-4. While Calgary has won back-to-back games, the Flames have yet to string three victories in a row this season.
* Patrick Kane enters Tuesday’s game with a seven-game scoring streak versus Calgary, the longest among active skaters. He’s registered six goals and five assists over the seven games.
* Flames right wing David Jones ended a 17-game goal-scoring drought with a pair of goals in the third period on Friday. Eight of his 15 total points this season have come in the third period.
* With points in each of his past six games, Mark Giordano has become the first Flames defenseman with a six-game scoring streak since Robyn Regehr in 2009. The last Calgary defenseman with a seven-game streak was Adrian Aucoin earlier in 2009.