Bulls Game Notes For Friday vs. LA Clippers
* In the lone meeting between these teams so far in 2013-14, the Clippers beat the Bulls by 39 points (121-82) in Los Angeles on November 24, in what was Chicago’s first game after losing Derrick Rose for the season. It was the second-largest margin of victory by either team in any game in this series, behind only a 40-point (128-88) Bulls’ victory on December 14, 1990.
* The Clippers (0-7) are one of six teams that are winless this season when held to 92 or fewer points. They lost 95-91 at Charlotte on Wednesday. The Bulls, meanwhile, have held opponents to 92 or fewer points 23 times (17-6) in 2013-14; only Indiana (27 games) has done so more often.
* Only the Brooklyn Nets (8-1, .889) have a better record so far this month than do the Bulls (9-2, .818). Chicago is averaging 97.5 points per game in January, up 7.3 ppg from what it put up during December (90.2).
* Jamal Crawford has had four straight games off the bench with 20 or more points. The ex-Bull has nine career 20+ point games against his former club, five of which have been off the bench.
* Joakim Noah has pulled down at least 10 rebounds in 14 straight games, including 15 or more in five of his last six.
* D.J. Augustin is averaging 24.3 points on 62.5 percent from the field, including 12-of-19 (.632) from three-point range, during Chicago’s current three-game win streak. On Wednesday, Augustin made his first start since December 21 in place of the injured Kirk Hinrich (hamstring).