Blackhawks Game Notes For Wednesday @ Detroit
* The Blackhawks beat the Bruins, 3-2, in a shootout at United Center on Sunday, snapping their seven-game losing streak in overtime/shootout contests with the win. Chicago has taken at least one point from 15 of its last 16 tilts overall (9-1-6 record).
* Detroit lost, 4-1, to the Blues at home on Monday, and has now dropped eight of its last 10 games at Joe Louis Arena overall (2-7-1 record). The Wings have just seven home victories in 2013-14 – tied with Calgary for fewest of any NHL club.
* This game marks the first meeting of the season between these former divisional foes. The Blackhawks swept four games from the Red Wings in 2012-13 (prior to defeating them 4-3 in the playoffs), and have won seven straight vs. Detroit overall – the longest active win streak by any team vs. the Wings.
* Marian Hossa netted his 20th goal of the season Sunday, garnering first-star honors for his performance. Hossa, who now has 20+ goals for 13th time in 16 NHL seasons, hasn’t recorded a marker vs. the Red Wings in over two years (since December 30, 2011 – eight games).
* Henrik Zetterberg had a helper Monday, giving him three points (1g, 2a) in his last two skates, and nine points (4g, 5a) in 10 games since returning from a back injury on December 28. Zetterberg has just two assists (no goals) in his last seven skates against the Blackhawks.
* Chicago has 70 second-period goals in 2013-14 – second most in the NHL. Detroit has lit the lamp just 32 times in the second period this season (third fewest in the league).