* The Avalanche defeated the Wild, 4-2, at Xcel Energy Center on Saturday, snapping their four-game road losing streak in the process. Colorado is 15-1-1 when scoring four or more goals this season (13-11-4 when netting fewer than four markers).
* Chicago beat Edmonton, 5-3, at United Center on Sunday, snapping its season-high tying three-game losing streak with the victory. The Blackhawks have netted at least five goals 19 times in 2013-14 – easily the most in the league (Anaheim and St. Louis are tied for second with 14).
* The Avs and Blackhawks have split their first two meetings of 2013-14, each winning once on its home ice. Dating to the beginning of 2010-11, these two clubs have played six times at United Center and each has skated off with three wins.
* Ryan O’Reilly lit the lamp twice Saturday, giving him four markers in his last five skates, and 16 total on the season – two shy of tying his career-high of 18 goals in 2011-12. O’Reilly has three assists (no goals) in eight career games vs. the Blackhawks at United Center.
* Patrick Kane had two helpers Sunday, snapping his season-high tying three-game pointless streak, and giving him 56 points overall in 2013-14 – tied with John Tavares for second most in the league (Sidney Crosby – 67). Kane has five points (1g, 4a) during his current three-game scoring streak vs. the Avs.
* Joel Quenneville has 690 career NHL victories – two shy of tying Dick Irvin (1928-29 to 1955-56) for third most in league history (Scotty Bowman – 1244, Al Arbour – 782).