Local News

Indiana home where 3 children died had no utilities

Three children, including an infant, were killed in a house fire Wednesday night in Hammond, Indiana.

Their father, 27-year-old Andre Young, was able to save two other children from the flames.

They are in critical condition at a Chicago hospital.

The children’s mother was not home at the time.

An overnight fire destroyed the home that was without any working utilities.

Fire fighters say a propane fueled space heater may be to blame.

Firefighters had to take the front door off the hinges to get around the space heaters blocking the door.

Inside they found young’s three other children dead, 7-month-old Jaden Young along with his sister Alexia and brother Dasani.  Fire fighters say they found Alexia and Dasani holding  each other near the front door.

For hours Thursday afternoon, a steady stream of people with seemingly and endless stream of tears have stopped by the  now burned out house to say goodbye.

The Tribune reports the home’s owner was scheduled to appear in court next week for past citations and fines.  Record show they were issued citations for the property.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

9 Comments to “Indiana home where 3 children died had no utilities”

    Trish said:
    January 10, 2014 at 7:32 AM

    what a shame…….this is America people, let's help our own…..no one should live like this

    Sad World said:
    January 10, 2014 at 8:58 AM

    This is so sad. We are trying so hard to help people overseas when our own people are suffering!! Our priorities are so skewed….disgusting.

    dan said:
    January 10, 2014 at 12:14 PM

    These parents had 5 kids and cant even afford to feed and house there selves. Space heaters will not heat a house that size and now three kids are dead. Charge the parents!

      JellyBean said:
      January 10, 2014 at 3:04 PM

      You do not know the situation. All you know is what you read. Judge not, for you may be judged on hearsay also.

    sharon said:
    January 10, 2014 at 12:24 PM

    The tragedy in Indiana is a terror, I am furious at the fact that the DCS Dept. returned those children to a home that had no heat or water ,the Family needed help not a tragedy ,this should really be investigated seriously .Very wrong DSC Its on your head now three babies are dead ,because of your Departments Neglect , To the Caseworker can you sleep at night now ?

    JellyBean said:
    January 10, 2014 at 3:09 PM

    I like how people make comments, judgments & assumptions when they know not the truth. I have always heard that sensationalism sells, now I see it first hand. It's a damn shame people have no lives of their own & nothing better to do than pass judgment on others that they know nothing about.

    ms.red said:
    January 13, 2014 at 4:22 AM

    This brings me to tears. Nevermind who's to blame,
    3 babies have died a horrible death. Hope the surviving ones pull thru and get better. My PRAYERS are we the family.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement