3 children killed in Hammond, IN house fire
Three children, including an infant, were killed in a house fire Wednesday night in Hammond, Indiana.
Fire officials believe the fire was started by a space heater attached to a propane tank inside a home in the 600 block of Sibley street.
When emergency crews arrived they found the children’s father, 27-year old Andre Young, and two other children lying in the snow. He had third-degree burns but was able to tell authorities the three children were still trapped inside.
Firefighters found the bodies of 7-month old Jayden, 3-year old Alexia and 4-year old Dasani Young inside the home. One official told WGN the older two children killed were found clinging to each other.
The children’s mother was not home when the fire broke out.
Andre Young is hospitalized in critical condition. The two boys who survived suffered smoke inhalation and are in good condition.