Blackhawks Game Notes For Thursday @ NY Islanders
* The Blackhawks posted their first 1-0 victory of the season when they defeated Los Angeles on Monday. Chicago is 8-1-2 over its last 11 games (since December 8).
* The Islanders have lost their last eight home games, the longest such skid in franchise history. Buffalo had a nine-game home losing streak earlier this season, the longest by any team in 2013-14.
* Brandon Saad’s only shot on goal resulted in the game’s only score on Monday. In fact, his seven goals on 21 shots since December 5 is the second-best shooting percentage (33.3) in the league over that span (Chris Stewart, 40.0, minimum 10 shots).
* Blackhawks rookie goaltender Antti Raanta posted his first career shutout on Monday. He improved to 10-1-3 while lowering his goals against average to 2.21.
* Evgeni Nabokov is 14-6-5 in his career versus Chicago. The 14 victories are one behind Jean-Sebastien Giguere (15-7-3), Nikolai Khabibulin (15-9-2) and Roberto Luongo (15-10-3) for the most against the Blackhawks among active goaltenders.