Blackhawks Game Notes For Friday vs. Vancouver
* Vancouver lost, 4-1, in Dallas last night, and has now dropped two straight since its season-high seven-game win streak from December 1-14. The Canucks killed all four shorthanded situations vs. the Stars, upping their December penalty-kill to 96.2 percent – best of any Western Conference club this month.
* The Blackhawks beat the Predators, 3-1, in Nashville on Tuesday – their second straight and fifth victory in the last six games overall. Chicago is 20-0-3 when allowing two or fewer goals this season.
* Chicago won the first meeting of 2013-14 with Vancouver, 2-1, at Rogers Arena on November 23. Dating to December 3, 2010, these two clubs have played four times at United Center, and each has skated off with two wins.
* Chris Higgins scored the Canucks’ lone goal last night, giving him 11 markers on the season, and surpassing his total from 2012-13 (10). Dating to the beginning of 2011-12, Higgins has just one assist (no goals) in his last eight skates vs. the Blackhawks.
* Patrick Kane netted his team-best 20th goal of the season Tuesday, garnering first-star accolades for his performance in the victory. Chicago has six skaters who have lit the lamp at least 10 times in 2013-14 – most of any NHL team.
* Vancouver is 5-3-0 in the second of back-to-back games this season. The Blackhawks are 7-3-1 when getting at least two days off between tilts in 2013-14.