Blackhawks Game Notes For Saturday @ Toronto
* This matchup features four defensemen with 12 or more points and a rating of plus-12 or better on the season. Chicago has Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook and Niklas Hjalmarsson while Dion Phaneuf has those numbers for the Maple Leafs. Overall, seven NHL defensemen on the season have these numbers.
* The Maple Leafs have lost four of their last five home games after starting the season 9-3-0 at the Air Canada Centre. Their last home win against Chicago was December 1, 2001.
* Chicago is 7-0-1 in their last eight road games while scoring five goals or more in four of those wins.
* Patrick Kane and Phil Kessel rank one and two respectively in both goals and points among American-born players this season. Kane has 17 goals and 42 points while Kessel has 16 goals and 31 points.
* The Blackhawks don’t have any players who have played for them this season with a plus-minus rating of -2 or worse. They are the only team in the NHL with that distinction.