* The Knicks are looking to avenge their 82-81 loss to the Bulls earlier this season that saw them fall via a Derrick Rose floater with six seconds remaining in the game. New York has lost six straight to Chicago.
* The Bulls are 2-6 since losing Derrick Rose on November 22 after starting the season 6-5. Before the Rose injury, Chicago was outscoring opponents by 3.0 points per game. In the games since, though, that figure is at -4.6.
* After two consecutive 30-plus point wins, the Knicks have lost their last two by an average of 28.0 points per game. New York’s average scoring margin has fallen to -4.4 points per game this season from +4.2 last season – the third-largest decline in the league.
* Including Rose, the Bulls were without four of their five opening-night starters on Tuesday as Jimmy Butler, Luol Deng, and Joakim Noah were sidelined with injuries. They scored a season-low 74 points in a loss to Milwaukee.
* Carmelo Anthony had a career-high 6 steals in the teams’ first meeting this season to go along with 22 points and six assists. In his last four games versus the Bulls, Anthony is averaging 31.5 points on 28.8 shots per game.
* After averaging 13.5 points per game on .529 shooting in the Knicks’ last two wins, Iman Shumpert has combined to score two points on one of ten (.100) shooting in the Knicks’ last two games.