* The Heat beat the Bulls 107-95 in Miami on October 29. But Chicago has won five of its last six home games in this series.
* Miami saw its 10-game win streak snapped on Tuesday when it lost to Detroit, 107-97. The Heat have now had a 10+ game win streak in three of their last four seasons (2010-11, 2012-13 & 2013-14). Miami has allowed 100+ points in all four of its losses this season, compared to in just one of its 14 victories.
* Chicago’s 131-128 triple-overtime defeat to the Pelicans on Monday was the Bulls’ sixth loss in their last seven games. Perimeter defense has been a big problem for Chicago; opponents are shooting 39.9% from behind the three-point arc (compared to 34.6% in 2012-13), with New Orleans hitting 47.8 (11/23) percent of its three-pointers on Monday.
* Michael Beasley had 23 points off the bench for Miami in Tuesday’s loss to the Pistons; his most in a game since pouring in 25 for the Suns against Golden State last April 5. Beasley is averaging 11.1 ppg on 54.7 percent shooting as a reserve for the Heat in 2013-14; those numbers rank 12th and 3rd, respectively, among qualifiers.
* LeBron James is shooting 59.5 percent overall and 47.4 percent from three-point range. No player who has qualified for both the overall FG percentage (minimum 3.7 FGM/team G) and the 3-point percentage (minimum 0.7 3PM/team G) titles has ever shot 59+ percent overall and 47+ percent from behind the arc in the same season.
* Luol Deng had 37 points, eight rebounds and seven assists in a career-high 55:38 of playing time in Chicago’s triple overtime loss to New Orleans on Monday; he is the first Bull to have a 37+/8+/7+ game since Scottie Pippen (37/8/7) against the Suns on November 20, 1996. Since Derrick Rose went down for the season, Deng is averaging 27.4 ppg (on 54.8 FG%), 6.0 rpg and 6.2 apg.