* Calgary defeated the Blackhawks in overtime, 3-2, in the only previous meeting this season on November 3. However, Chicago is 15-4-1 versus the Flames since 2008-09.
* After defeating Florida in a shootout last Friday, 4-3, the Flames will now seek back-to-back wins for only the second time this season and for the first time since October 11.
* With a goal on Monday, Patrick Kane extended his scoring streak to 11 games, matching the longest such stretch of his career (12/22/2009 – 01/09/2010). He’s totaled 15 points (6 g, 9 a) and a +6 rating during his current spree.
* Blackhawks center Andrew Shaw contributed two goals and an assist on Monday, matching the highest-scoring game (three points) of his career. And with 15 points this season, he’s matched his total for all of 2012-13.
* Joe Colborne tallied a goal and an assist last Friday, producing the first multi-point game of his career. He’s also scored goals in back-to-back games for the first time.