Chimney collapses onto neighboring house in Zion
Strong winds may be to blame for a chimney that collapsed in the far northern suburbs.
It happened late Friday night, in the 2300 block of Gilead in Zion.
The chimney fell onto a neighboring house, crashing all the way down to the basement.
It gave residents inside a good scare, but no one was hurt.
Officials say the home where the chimney fell from, has been unoccupied for two years.
So, it’s difficult to say right now if the collapse was wind related or structural damage.