Blackhawks Game Notes For Thursday vs. Phoenix
* The Coyotes beat the Blues, 3-2, in overtime at Scottrade Center on Tuesday night, recording their second straight and seventh victory in the last eight tilts overall. Each of the Coyotes’ last five wins has come in either a shootout (4) or overtime (1).
* Chicago netted three third-period markers on Sunday and beat the Oilers, 5-4, at home – its third straight win, and the seventh straight game with a point overall (6-0-1 record during streak). The Blackhawks have scored an average of 4.6 goals per game in their last seven skates.
* This is the first meeting of the season between these clubs. Chicago took two of three from Phoenix in 2012-13, with both of the wins coming at Jobing.com Arena. Dating to the beginning of 2011-12 and including the playoffs, the Coyotes have won six straight games at United Center.
* Oliver Ekman-Larsson scored the game-winning goal for the Coyotes Tuesday, giving him a team-high 15 points on the season. The only other defenseman that currently leads his team in points this season is P.K. Subban of the Canadiens (17 points).
* Patrick Sharp had a helper in Sunday’s win and now has seven points overall (1g, 6a) during his current three-game scoring streak. Sharp has nine points (2g, 7a) in his last six regular-season skates against the Coyotes.
* The Coyotes’ blueliners have combined to net 14 markers in 2013-14 – most of any NHL club. Chicago’s defensemen have combined for 52 points this season (most in the league).