* The Bulls have won the last five games in this series, although the last two meetings have been decided by a total of five points (93-89 on February 8, 2013 and 89-88 on March 8, 2013).
* At 0-5, the Jazz are off to their worst start since their first season as a NBA franchise (1974-75), when they began the year 0-11.
* The Bulls have been at a decided disadvantage behind the arc so far in 2013-14; Chicago has 18 three-pointers while making just 25.4 (18/71) percent of its attempts, while its opponents have hit 38 threes while shooting 45.2 (38/84) percent from behind the arc.
* Enes Kanter has had at least 14 points and eight rebounds in all five games this season. Since 1985-86, only two other players have had 14+ points and 8+ rebounds in each of his team’s first five games, with the team losing all five contests; Al Jefferson with the Timberwolves in 2007-08 and Lorenzen Wright with the Grizzlies in 2001-02.
* Gordon Hayward has gotten off to good starts in games this season, averaging 8.8 points on 18-for-32 (.563) shooting in the first quarter.
* Derrick Rose has struggled with his ballhandling so far in 2013-14, recording 15 assists to 21 turnovers. He has had at least four turnovers in all four games, tying the longest streak of his career (also January 23-30, 2009).