* The Bulls have won eight of their last nine games against the Knicks including wins in five straight. The Bulls are 20-4 at home against the Knicks since the beginning of the 2000-01 season, their best home record against any team during that span (Minimum 15 G).
* The Knicks opened the 2013-14 season last night with a 90-83 victory over Milwaukee. New York went 12-7 last season in the second game of a back-to-back, the fifth best record in the league.
* Chicago is coming off a 107-95 loss to the Heat in its season opener marking just its second loss in a season opener in the last six seasons.
* The Bulls have won five straight home openers, tied for the fourth longest active winning streak in league (Portland, 12; Sacramento, 8; Miami 6; San Antonio 5).
* Derrick Rose is averaging 24.7 points per game to go along with 7.1 assists per contest in his career against the Knicks joining LeBron James (27.8 ppg/6.9 apg) and Chris Paul (21.5 ppg/9.8 apg) as the only three active players to average 20+ points and 6+ assists per game against New York (Minimum 10 G).
* Carmelo Anthony is averaging 27.2 points per game in his career against the Bulls, since 1985-86 only five players have averaged 27+ points per game against Chicago (LeBron James, 28.9; Allen Iverson, 28.3; Dominique Wilkins, 28.0; Larry Bird, 27.0).