Boy suffers 3rd degree burns from bath; Man charged
A man was charged yesterday after a boy in his care received 2nd and 3rd degree burns from a bath.
According to Maywood police, 24-year-old Prentice Young is charged with one county of aggravated battery to a child.
Police say that the mother of 21-month-old Javon Edding was brought him into the ER on Monday with burns on 80% of his body.
A police investigation showed that Young, the live-in boyfriend of Javon’s mother, placed the boy in a bathtub of scalding hot water the day before. The water caused the burns. A statement from police says Young “then dried off Javon and placed in him bed for the night to sleep.”