* The Blackhawks have never won at PNC Arena, going 0-5-1 since the Hurricanes moved there in 1999. Overall, Chicago is 1-6-1 on the road versus Carolina since the team relocated in 1997.
* Chicago has played in four consecutive one-goal games, winning its last two. Five of its 15 regulation goals have been power play goals, tied with the Stars and Predators for the third-highest percentage in the Western Conference.
* The Hurricanes are 1-1-2 at home this season and losers of two-straight there. Their 5.00 points per game at home are third-fewest in the league.
* Patrick Kane leads the Blackhawks in points (five) and goals (four). His four goals through his first five games of the season is a career high, while his one assist through his first five games of the season is a career low.
* Cam Ward is 3-0-1 in his career versus the Blackhawks, including two shutouts. His 0.98 goals against average and .971 save percentage versus the Blackhawks are both his best versus any team.
* Jeff Skinner is one of three Eastern Conference players with multiple goals, all of which are power play goals. The most power play goals Skinner has ever scored in a season is six in 2009.