Blackhawks Game Notes For Saturday vs. Tampa Bay
* The Lightning dropped a 3-1 decision in Boston on Thursday, snapping their three-game season-opening win streak in the process. Dating to last April 11, Tampa Bay is just 1-7-2 in its last 10 games overall.
* Chicago scored three third-period goals, overcoming a 4-3 deficit, and defeating the Capitals on Opening Night, 6-4. Including last year’s playoffs, the Blackhawks are now 53-14-5 since the beginning of last season.
* Tampa Bay beat Chicago, 5-4, in overtime the last time these clubs met nearly two years ago (November 4, 2011). The Lightning have defeated the Blackhawks three straight times overall – tied for their longest win streak vs. Chicago in franchise history.
* Valtteri Filppula netted a goal in his first game with the Lightning on Thursday after being signed away as a free agent from the Red Wings in the offseason. Including last year’s playoff series, Filppula has just two points (1g, 1a) in his last 12 skates against the Blackhawks.
* Brandon Saad recorded his third career three-point game on Tuesday night, garnering first-star accolades for his performance. Including Tuesday’s victory over the Caps, Chicago is now 8-0-2 all-time when Saad lights the lamp at least once.
* Chicago was 9-2-2 last season when getting at least two days off between games (2nd best in NHL).