Chicago police mum on report of arrest in park shooting spree

The Chicago Tribune is reporting that two men are now in custody in connection with last week’s mass shooting at a South Side park.

The newspaper cites a police report, but police officials are not confirming it.

Deonta’ Howard, 3,  was among 13 people wounded when gunshots were fired into a crowd watching a basketball game at Cornell Square Park, 51st and Wood.

He’s recovering after surgery, and a family spokesman says he suffered no brain damage after being shot in the head.

According to the Tribune,. the police report states the suspects were arrested Sunday night in an abandoned building in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.

Investigators have said the shooting was gang-related.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

3 comments


Related Stories


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 514 other followers