Local News

Chicago police mum on report of arrest in park shooting spree

The Chicago Tribune is reporting that two men are now in custody in connection with last week’s mass shooting at a South Side park.

The newspaper cites a police report, but police officials are not confirming it.

Deonta’ Howard, 3,  was among 13 people wounded when gunshots were fired into a crowd watching a basketball game at Cornell Square Park, 51st and Wood.

He’s recovering after surgery, and a family spokesman says he suffered no brain damage after being shot in the head.

According to the Tribune,. the police report states the suspects were arrested Sunday night in an abandoned building in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.

Investigators have said the shooting was gang-related.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

3 Comments to “Chicago police mum on report of arrest in park shooting spree”

    jus.leyla said:
    September 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM

    Reblogged this on Jusleyla.com and commented:
    Thank God that they are at least moving forward with trying to catch these people. Chicago was once a beautiful place. I would like it to be that way again. This doesn’t change the love I have for Chicago.

    mbarney said:
    September 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM

    Some one who knew about the shooting, had came forward, and told on some people, who did the shooting, and the police has caught these guys, who shot these people, on the basketball court.

    Ghost said:
    September 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

    It was also told that the shooting was gang related.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement