Local News

2 in custody in connection to mass shooting at South Side park: report

Two men are now in custody in connection with last week’s mass shooting at a South Side Park, according to the Chicago Tribune.

3-year old Deonta Howard was among 13-people wounded when gunshots were fired into a crowd watching a basketball game, in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.

He’s recovering after surgery, and a family spokesman says he suffered no brain damage.

Police say the men, both 22, were arrested Sunday night in an abandoned building in the 5200 block of South Marshfield Avenue.

No charges have been filed yet.

According to Chicago police, several people of interest are being interviewed in connection and this remains as an ongoing investigation.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

8 Comments to “2 in custody in connection to mass shooting at South Side park: report”

    guest said:
    September 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM

    I got $20.00 that says the shooter arent Amish.

      Guest too said:
      September 23, 2013 at 8:23 AM

      Only $20.00? Whatsa matter, no confidence?

    Clem said:
    September 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM

    Let me guess: The guy did not go through a background check; the guy does not have an FOID, the guy is under 21; the guy is an ex convict. Let me guess: There are several laws which were implemented to stop this from happening, and none of them worked.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement