Cubs Game Notes For Friday vs. Atlanta
* The Braves picked up their 90th victory of the season against the Nationals on Wednesday, giving them an MLB-high 16 90-win seasons since 1991. At the same time, with a loss today, the Cubs will have their 90th loss of the season for an NL-high 23rd time since 1948.
* The Braves have now played 15 consecutive games without punching out more than 10 hits – the longest active streak in the majors.
* Travis Wood has allowed multiple home runs in back-to-back home starts, after allowing fewer than two home runs in each of his previous 22 home starts.
* Since he made his MLB debut on July 19, Junior Lake has picked up more hits (66) than any other rookie in the majors.
* Justin Upton, who hit his 26th home run of the season Wednesday, has hit five home runs with nine RBI over his last six games against the Cubs.