Cubs Game Notes For Thursday @ Pittsburgh
* The Cubs have posted 62 wins on the season, surpassing their win total in the entire 2012 campaign by one. Chicago has homered 160 times so far this season – the second-most homers among all NL teams.
* Chris Rusin has allowed three or fewer runs in nine of his 10 starts this season. Each of Rusin’s two wins this season has come on the road.
* Jeff Locke is 0-3 with a 6.57 ERA in his last eight starts and will be seeking his first win since July 21. Locke has walked the second-most batters in the majors this season (78).
* Pedro Alvarez, who leads the NL in homers with 32, has failed to homer in 14 consecutive games. Alvarez is hitting .095 (2-for-21) with no homers in six home games against the Cubs this season.
* Andrew McCutchen is hitting .469 (15-for-32) with two doubles, one triple, two homers and seven runs during his current nine-game hitting streak. McCutchen has 56 multi-hit games this season – the second-most in the majors (57, Matt Carpenter).