1. TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. Go to the WGN Morning News Facebook page and give a ‘like’ then go to the SINGLES WEEK tab. Tell us your name, age, address and phone along with your “dating horror story” in 200 words or less (no names please) and upload a current photo of yourself. Image must be under 5MB. Entrants must use their own names. Limit one entry per person. WGN-TV reserves the right to display your entry online or on the air. WGN-TV will disqualify any entry that contains offensive, defamatory, vulgar or profane content, as determined by WGN-TV. All entries become the property of WGN-TV. WGN-TV is not responsible for entries that are lost, incomplete, garbled, corrupted, late, or misdirected, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit/receive Internet entries. Entrant submissions may be read on-air during one or more of WGN-TV’s news shows.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE: Contest begins on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 and ends on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 10am.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On Friday, September 20, 2013, the Grand Prize Winner of “SINGLES WEEK” will be selected. The winner will be selected based on two criteria: storytelling (50%), humor (50%). The winner will be notified by telephone on or about Friday, September 20, 2013. The winner must meet all eligibility requirements. The winner must also be available to come on the air to WGN-TV, located at 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 if requested on a date to be determined by WGN-TV. In the case of breaking news, appearance may be cancelled or rescheduled. If the selected winner is determined to be ineligible or is disqualified, another winner will be selected based on aforementioned criteria.
4. THE PRIZE: One Grand Prize Winner will win a “SINGLES PACKAGE” which consists of, a “profile makeover” from “The Smart Dating Academy” (ARV: $1,000) and a $200 Smith & Wollensky gift card. “Profile Makeover” consists of photo shoot and consultation with The Smart Dating Academy which must take place between Monday – Friday at a time decided by The Smart Dating Academy and the winner. The accompanying ‘write up’ for winner’s profile will be for ONE (1) dating site of your choosing (ex: eHarmony or Match.com). Photo shoot and consultation must be redeemed by October 14, 2013. Smith & Wollensky gift card is valid for all locations except NYC. Good for food and beverage only; not tax or tip. Prize is non-transferable. No substitute prizes are. Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, or changed. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee express or implied by WGN. Entrants understand that WGN and its parent and affiliated companies, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees are not liable for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from any entrant’s participation in this promotion and any finalist or winner’s acceptance, possession, and use of prize. Total ARV: $1,200. Winner is responsible for all taxes on the prize value and will receive a form W9 in 2014.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a) Entrants must be unmarried, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, legal U.S. resident and legal resident of Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, LaSalle, Lake, McHenry and Will counties in Illinois, and Jasper, LaPorte, Lake, Newton and Porter Counties in Indiana.
b) Winners who have won any prize from WGN-TV since March 20, 2012 are ineligible and will be disqualified.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a.) Use of Winner’s Name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to WGN-TV, and its agents and licensees, to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness, biographical material, and contest submission for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the contest.
b.) Execution of Affidavit and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she will sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if the winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver prior to the start of the studio visit. If this form is not signed, the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules.
c.) Warranties: By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry (including essay) is truthful and is based on the entrant’s own personal experience, does not violate the rights of any other person or entity (including but not limited to copyrights and trademarks), does not contain offensive, defamatory, vulgar or profane content.
7. INTERNET/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason, this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, WGN-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST.
9. A COPY OF THE RULES is available online at http://www.wgntv.com/contests, and can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “WGN Morning News Singles Week Contest Rules” WGN-TV, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618.
10. SPONSOR: WGN-TV, The Smart Dating Academy
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
and Smith & Wollensky.