Nursing home fire accidentally started by resident

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A nursing home in Burr Ridge had to evacuate one of its wings when a resident accidentally started a fire in her room.

It happened at 5 p.m. Monday at the Emeritus nursing home.

When the woman tried to dry some of her clothes in a microwave oven, smoke set off the building’s sprinkler system.

The small fire was contained to a single room, but there is a lot of water damage.

The woman who started the fire, and four other people, were treated for smoke inhalation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

2 comments