* The White Sox have lost each of their last three games after losing just two of their previous 12 contests. Chicago owns the third-worst record in the majors this season (56-79).
* New York owns a record of 12-3 at home since July 28, which is tied for the best home record in the majors in that span (Atlanta, 16-4). The Yankees have split their last 10 games overall.
* The White Sox have won each of Jose Quintana’s last three starts, while he has posted a quality start in each of those outings. Quintana has won each of his two career starts against the Yankees.
* Phil Hughes is 0-6 with a 5.64 ERA in his last nine starts and will be seeking his first win since July 2. Hughes is 3-1 with a 1.29 ERA in his last four starts against the White Sox.
* Derek Jeter has homered in each of his last three games against the White Sox, however, he is hitless in his last three games overall (0-for-11).