* The Marlins are 12-5 all-time on Labor Day, tied for the best record in the majors since they joined the league in 1993.
* The Cubs are 26-40 in day games this season, the third lowest winning percentage in the majors. Chicago’s 66 day games are by far the most in the MLB (three teams tied for second with 55).
* Giancarlo Stanton is hitting .360 (18-for-50) and slugging .740 with six home runs and 13 RBI in his last 13 games against the Cubs.
* Nearly half of Anthony Rizzo’s hits (48.3%) this season have gone for extra bases, the third highest percentage in the majors (Minimum 3.1 PA/Team G).
* Henderson Alvarez is 1-0 with a 1.35 ERA in three starts against the NL Central this season; this compared to his 1-3 record and 5.04 ERA against the rest of the league.