Potty talk isn’t always bad. Michael Goldstein, AKA the Mensch with the Wrench, offered us some tips on how to ensure our toilet runs smoothly. The steps are simple and results are instant – give it a whirl!
- Fill valve
- Slip-joint adjustable pliers
- Flathead screwdriver
- Paper towels
- Turn off water
- Drain water and sponge tank dry
- Remove old valve system
- Cut out washer and attach to valve stem
- Insert valve and tighten nut
- Attach overflow tube
- Remove old flapper
- Attach new flapper and chain
- Fill tank and adjust water level
This is an easy project that will take 20 minutes and costs just $20!