* The Astros’ 2-1 record versus Toronto this weekend represented their third series victory over the last four series. For the season overall, Houston’s 11-29-2 (.286) series record is the worst mark in MLB.
* After taking two of three games from Texas this weekend, the White Sox are arguably the hottest team in baseball. They’re 8-1 over their past nine games, the highest winning percentage (.889) by any club since August 16.
* With a batting average of .278, Jason Castro is on pace to join Craig Biggio (1990 and 1991) as the only catchers to ever lead the Astros in batting average (based on primary position in given season).
* Brett Oberholtzer is 3-1 with a 1.69 ERA since making his first start on July 31. The only American Leaguers with lower ERA’s (minimum 4 GS) over that span are Max Scherzer (1.56) and Derek Holland (1.67).
* In his fifth career start last Wednesday, Andre Rienzo allowed two runs over 6.0 innings to earn his first career victory. He thus became the first player born to Brazil to post a major-league win.