Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. Cincinnati
* The Reds beat the Padres, 3-2, in 13 innings yesterday, recording their fourth win in the last five contests in the process. Cincinnati is 8-8 in extra-inning games this season.
* Chicago dropped an 8-4 decision in St. Louis on Sunday, failing to sweep the Cardinals for the first time since 2010 with the setback. The Cubs have lost four straight and eight of their last nine games at Wrigley Field.
* Cincinnati has taken all four series from Chicago in 2013, posting a 10-3 record in the 13 meetings overall. In fact, dating to August 10 last season, the Reds are 19-4 vs. the Cubs the last 23 times the two clubs have met.
* Mat Latos went 7.1 innings and didn’t allow a run vs. the A’s in his last outing, garnering a victory and giving him a mark of 3-0 with a 1.73 ERA in four starts since the 2013 All-Star Break. Latos is 3-0 with a 2.45 ERA in five starts against the Cubs since the beginning of 2011.
* Travis Wood took a no-decision against the Phillies in his last outing (6.1 IP, 2 ER) and is now 2-2 with a 3.54 ERA in seven starts since July 4. Wood is 0-3 with a 4.65 ERA in five starts against Cincinnati since being traded from the Reds to the Cubs on December 23, 2011.
* Xavier Paul went deep for the Reds in yesterday’s win, giving him seven homers in 82 games this season – two more than he had in his first 238 MLB contests combined. Paul is batting .326 with two homers and seven RBI in 21 games against the Cubs since the beginning of 2012.