* The Twins are just 49-62 on the season, but have won 12 of their last 21 games. Of those 12 wins, six were one run wins. Of the nine losses, five were by five or more runs.
* The White Sox completed their second-consecutive sweep of the Yankees on Wednesday. It was the first time the White Sox swept the Yankees in back-to-back series where each series was at least three games long since 1913.
* John Danks has pitched at least six innings in each of his last eight starts, allowing three or fewer runs in six of those starts. His last start not pitching at least six innings came against the Twins on June 20 when he allowed six runs on a career-high 12 hits over five innings.
* Liam Hendriks was recalled from Triple-A Rochester to start on Friday. Each of Hendriks’s two career starts against the White Sox have been quality starts, but he received zero runs of support in each and lost both games.
* Alex Rios, who was recently claimed on waivers by the Rangers, is in the middle of a nine-game hitting streak during which he has hit .324 with six RBI and four stolen bases.