Chicago’s first medicinal marijuana clinic opens

Chicago’s first medicinal marijuana clinic was set to start accepting patients in Wicker Park Wednesday morning.

Governor Quinn made medicinal pot legal last Thursday, but the law won’t take effect until January 1st.

However, patients must have an existing relationship with the doctor who writes their prescription.

The president of “Good Intentions Clinic” on North Ashland Avenue says her doctors will help patients who may not have a primary care physician, or whose physician won’t prescribe marijuana.

17 Comments to “Chicago’s first medicinal marijuana clinic opens”

Andrea said:
    August 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM

mmm…so this doctor will see patients who already have a primary care doctor…establish an "existing" relationship" and then prescribe pot.
    sounds like a scam to me

knowa said:
    August 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM

This past Sunday at a gathering of family and friend I presented the petition and I agree this petition leave out allot because it does not allow for home grows which will put many unable to afford it. But what got me, was not the ones in their 80's but one the family members who was bragging about all the money she is making as a psychologist until I confronted her about legalizing medical and she was against it when we have partaken many times in the past, when it downed on me court ordered rehab. When given the choice prison or Rehab, what would you pick? Drug rehab is as much as 80% of her business.

Andrea said:
    August 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM

does chronic MJ use cause loss of punctuation?

Alleluia said:
    August 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I wonder what the cost will be for a prescription? It will probably be cheaper getting it from drug dealers.

Gloria said:
    August 7, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Perhaps, you were not expecting to be interviewed, and were caught "off guard". If you wish for your medical marijuana clinic to obtain some credibility, I would give thought to your attire, and not wear a strapless top.

Andrea said:
      August 7, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Huh??? you smoking now?

Alleluia said:
      August 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM

You make no sense….lol!

Alleluia said:
    August 7, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I'm sure all the potheads will be lining up.