* The Cubs have lost four consecutive (and seven of their last eight) games, and have not scored a single run over the last 23 innings played.
* The Phillies have now lost 13 of their last 14 games (including five straight), and have scored fewer than two runs in seven of the 13 losses during the stretch.
* Cole Hamels has allowed a total of three runs over his last three home starts, while pitching exactly eight innings in each of the starts.
* Junior Lake is batting .435 (20/46) in his brief career with nobody on base, and .429 (12/28) against left-handed pitchers.
* Over his last four games against the Cubs, Carlos Ruiz is batting .563 (9/16) with two home runs, nine RBI and five runs scored.