* The White Sox won five of their seven meetings against the Yankees last season, including a sweep in Chicago from August 20-22.
* The White Sox have lost each of their last 10 games and will be looking to avoid dropping 11 in a row in a single season for the first time since July 7-18, 1956.
* The Yankees have alternated losses and wins in each of their last seven games (LWLWLWL). The Yankees have won five straight and 11 of their last 12 road games against AL Central foes.
* Andy Pettitte is 0-2 with a 3.72 ERA in his last three starts, with the Yankees losing all three of those contests. Pettitte is 0-3 with an 8.31 ERA in his last four road starts against the White Sox and will be seeking his first win there since May of 2000.
* Jose Quintana has just one win in his last seven home starts. Quintana has faced the Yankees just once in his career, giving up six runs over six innings against them in a 14-7 win on June 29, 2012.
* Alex Rodriguez is hitting .459 (17-for-37) with three doubles, two homers and 11 RBI in his last nine road games against the White Sox.