* A defeat on Friday would tie Chicago’s longest losing streak of the season (eight games). The White Sox lost eight straight, May 27-June 4.
* The Tigers have gotten nine quality starts in their last 10 games, the starting pitchers posting a 2.05 (15/66.0) ERA over this stretch, in which Detroit has gone 9-1.
* Hector Santiago is 3-4 in 14 starts this season. However, the White Sox have ended up losing all seven of Santiago’s starts in which he received a no decision.
* Torii Hunter is batting .419 (13/31) with four home runs, eight RBI and nine runs scored in his last seven games. Hunter also has an active 16-game hitting streak against the White Sox.
* Doug Fister is 2-0 with a 0.64 (1/14.0) ERA since the All-Star break. Prior to this season, Fister was 22-21 with a 3.50 ERA in post All-Star Game appearances.