Former Mayor Daley has new girlfriend: Report

There’s a lot of buzz over a woman spotted with former Mayor Richard Daley at an event last month.

Daley appeared at a wedding reception in Chicago for Mellody Hobson and filmmaker George Lucas.

He was escorting Dr. Adele Joy Cobbs, a Rush University Medical Center emergency physician.

According to Crain’s Chicago Business, friends say they’ve been dating for more than 6 months.

The two hit it off after meeting at the gym.

Daley is 71, and 30 years older than Cobbs.

25 Comments to “Former Mayor Daley has new girlfriend: Report”

Lil Irish said:
    July 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Ewwww. Maggie must be spinning in her grave on this one.

Happy said:
      August 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Oh!!! You've never been hugged, huh?

doggy style said:
    July 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I hope that the black chick realizes that witty Daley will never marry her thats a fact

Content with my life said:
      August 7, 2013 at 1:33 PM

From what I can see it would not be a lost. She certainly can do much better but if she is happy, I am happy for her.

femPOW said:
        January 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM

How do you know she wants to marry him? She already has a career. Not everyone wants to be a housewife.

Just One Voice said:
        January 31, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Marriage doesn't mean the woman has to be a housewife. :) This isn't the 1950's

angry said:
    July 31, 2013 at 11:05 AM

you are very ignorant

larry said:
    July 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM

This is 1 for the whites lol Now watch all the blacks get upset

Happy said:
      August 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Actually, Larry, if you read the comments, it appears to be the other way around. Prior to being married in my early 30's. I had four boyfriends; three were white I married one of them. Trust me, most of us (white and black) do not care that much about who other people marry.

April said:
      August 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Larry,

I am a black woman and I am not upset. I work in an office with 10 white guys and 4 are married to black women, 2 dating women mixed with black and the other 4 are dating or married to white women. But every time I turn around one of my colleagues are telling me how nice I smell, look stunning and how my hair is always nice….Needless to say I am not mad at the flirt because I know deep down inside if they could have me for a wife they would. Now you really need to man up and stop acting so devastating over what another man wants. You cannot control who likes or who dates!!! GOODDAY

snooty said:
        February 20, 2014 at 8:43 AM

can I have you then

joe said:
    July 31, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Why should this be a news story WGN. Grow up and shame on you.

keeping real said:
    July 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM

way to go!!!! Mr. Daley!!! you have my vote!!! and two thumbs up as well!!!! some happy news is better then negative news!!!

mrstazz said:
    July 31, 2013 at 1:14 PM

All of you makeing nasty remarks are so wrong. There is nothing wrong with him trying to move forward and that is what Maggie would want. Moving forward does not mean he did not love Maggie but nothing will bring her back. So until you have walked in his shoes do not judge!

Hal said:
    July 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM

He likes his coffee the same way he likes his women, hot n black.

Mississippi magic said:
    July 31, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I am not mad at him. This could be a good relationship for both of them.. He has someone to share his life with. I am a black man and for all the black people who have a problem with this, get over it. Educated, sophisticated, hard working, intelligent black women are not left with many choices. Black men need to stand up and have something to offer these women.We need to examine ourselves and concentrate on fixing our internal cultural, social and family issues. Just one black man's opinion. Good for them, congratulations.

BarbeeQ T said:
    August 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Are you kidding me? Mayor Richie took a pass on Dorothy Tillman for HER????

anyone can be a doctor but not every women wears hats like Dorothy!

me me me said:
    August 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM

What does she see in him?

cliff kelly said:
    August 28, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Daley has hit a new low.

April said:
    August 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM

As I read some of the comments on this topic (most negative) it seems white people are hung up over Daley dating a black woman. Why are you so mad? Why is race still an issue in 2013? You would date a black woman too so stop lying to yourselves. Lastly, everyone is not 100 percent their told or said race. We are all mixed with something, now don't you forget that.

bobhamiltonchicago said:
    September 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM

OMG! He must be corrupt. They're just afraid to prosecute him. This proves he has been taking in millions all these years! This also proves the twin tower theories were correct after all. And Obama? Where is his passport?

femPOW said:
    January 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM

She's a doctor, classy, and beautiful. Why say eww? And even if she weren't a doctor, so what? Maggie is dead, yes. People move on after their spouses pass all the time. And how do you know he wasn't into black women all the time? People are people. Unless you're a racist bigot, in which case, you're lacking that spark that makes you a truly evolved.

amarie said:
    February 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Good job Doc!!!

bobhamiltonchicago said:
    February 26, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Her name is Report?

Joechittheragman said:
    April 3, 2014 at 10:42 PM

I bet the boys from Bridgeport are turning over in their graves when they heard this.