Cubs Game Notes For Wednesday vs. Milwaukee
* The Chicago Cubs and Milwaukee Brewers played a lot of baseball yesterday. The two teams combined to be on the field for seven hours and six minutes. The last time the Cubs spent at least seven hours and six minutes on the field was September 2, 2003 against the Cardinals (7:26).
* The Brewers are looking to become just the sixth team in the last 40 years to sweep a series of at least four games from the Cubs at Wrigley Field.
* The Cubs have trouble holding onto leads. In both games of yesterday’s doubleheader, they held a lead only to lose. Their 31 losses after leading trails only Houston (33) in MLB.
* In his last three starts at Wrigley Field, Edwin Jackson is 3-0 with an ERA of 0.92.
* Wily Peralta has allowed a major league-high 16 unearned runs this season mostly due to the fact that the Brewers have committed a major-league high 18 errors while he’s been pitching.
* Welington Castillo is batting .320 at Wrigley Field this season, the highest home batting average by any National League catcher in 2013 (minimum 100 PA).