Michael Pendleton of MP Custom Made knows a thing or two about wood-working including how to save an old dining room chair from the curb. If you come across a chair you love with a wobble you don’t, Michael has the steps-by-step to bring it back.
- Wood glue
- Stretch wrap
- Upholstery foam
- Heavy fabric
- Staple gun
- Flip chair and remove seat
- Determine loose joints and reassemble
- Clean joints before reassembly
- Reassemble using wood glue and stretch wrap
- Reupholster seat
- Remove stretch wrap once glue is set
It’s a simple project that will extend the life of your chair another couple of decades. It should take an hour with about $40 spent on supplies.