White Sox Game Notes For Monday vs. Detroit
* The Tigers have won just two of their last five road games after winning each of their previous five away from home. Detroit is hitting .288 with runners in scoring position this season – the second best mark in baseball.
* The White Sox have won each of their last two home games after winning just two of their previous 10 at U.S. Cellular Field. Chicago has homered just twice in its last six games overall after homering nine times in its previous five.
* Max Scherzer lost his first game of the season on July 13 to Texas, snapping his streak of 19 consecutive starts without a loss. Scherzer is 2-0 with a 0.64 ERA in his last two starts against the White Sox.
* Chris Sale is allowing a .133 batting average to left-handed hitters with no home runs, however, he has allowed 11 homers and a .231 batting average against right-handed batters this season.
* Miguel Cabrera, who is hitting .143 (2-for-14) in his last four road games, is hitting .453 with five doubles, seven homers and 15 RBI in his last 16 games against the White Sox.