Cubs Game Notes For Monday at Arizona
* The Diamondbacks went 2-1 in their first series against the Cubs this season (May 31 to June 2). Arizona also is 6-1 over their last seven games against the Cubs at Chase Field.
* After defeating San Francisco, 3-1, on Sunday to snap a three-game losing streak, the Diamondbacks retain a slim 0.5-game lead over the Dodgers in the NL West.
* Matt Garza, the subject of trade rumors as the deadline approaches, has not allowed more than two runs in any of his last six starts, going 5-0 with a 1.24 ERA, the lowest in baseball since June 16.
* Martin Prado went 3-for-4 with a pair of runs on Sunday, producing his 48th game with at least three hits since 2010. That’s tied for the third most in the National League over that span.
* Tyler Skaggs celebrated his 22nd birthday (July 13) since making his last start for Arizona on July 10. Over five starts for the Diamondbacks in 2013, Skaggs has allowed a .355 average through his first 30 pitches, compared to .210 thereafter.