‘Transformers 4′ casting call in Chicago area this weekend

After taking a break from blowing up our city on the last installment of the “Transformers” franchise, Director Michael Bay is coming back for at least part of the filming of “Transformers 4.”

Filming will take place August 18 through September 27, and they are looking for extras to be in the movie.

A casting call will take place this weekend in the north suburbs.

The casting call will take place Friday, July 19 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Skokie Holiday Inn on West Touhy Avenue.

Producers are looking for male and females over 18-year-old who have a “clean-cut” business-type look or “FBI and military” types, business types, 18 and over and Asian extras, aged 9 and up.

They say to bring a pen, no photos are needed.

“Transformers 4″ is set for release on June 27 of 2014.

For more information, go to: www.cityofchicago.org

6 Comments to “‘Transformers 4′ casting call in Chicago area this weekend”

Debra LaSalle said:
    July 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Are Asians the only people that you are looking for? I'm Hispanic. Do you have a place for me? Or, is the company discriminating Hispanic people?

Martin said:
      July 18, 2013 at 8:31 PM

No one is discriminating against you, MORON. They are looking for Business types, FBI & Military types, as far as I know those include ALL races since ALL races are involved in all of the aforementioned "types". They are also specifically looking for Asians for a specific scene that is set in HONG KONG, pretty sure the vast majority of people in Hong Kong are of Asian-descent NOT hispanic.

Rehan Khan said:
    July 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I'm Asian but I'm not from Hong Kong, I'm from India. But I know there are a lot of Indians down in Hong Kong since I've been there before. Would I be able to be in the requirements? They did not specify

Martin said:
    July 19, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Rehan Khan, I encourage you to audition regardless. Anyone can fit the "business" category and these are just general types, you may not necessarily fit into any one category but at the same time you may be perfect/what they're looking for. You won't get cast if you don't know go at all, go and give them your best, sometimes if you bring it, they'll make room for you!

Rehan Khan said:
      July 19, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Thanks for the heads up Martin! Ill definitely go and see if I can make any of the spots!

terrell said: