Mentally-challenged 19-year-old found beaten

A mentally-challenged teenager who vanished for nearly 10 days is found alive on the South Side.

The 19 year-old girl was discovered at 107th and Prairie around 7am Wednesday. Her mother and community activist Andrew Holmes found her, thanks to a tip she received.

“Gory to God,” said the teen’s mother.

“I just want to say, ‘thank you all for helping me find my child,’” she added.

The girl was last seen at her home at 93rd and Elizabeth.

The victim is being treated at “Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park.”

No arrests have been made.

18 Comments to “Mentally-challenged 19-year-old found beaten”

calvin said:
    July 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM

these thugs are like tumors

angry said:
    July 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I really hope they find this young lady alive

tino said:
      July 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM

According to sources, on July 17th, Jessica was found near 107th and Prairie around 2:00 a.m.

She appeared to have been beaten and was taken to an area hospital for treatment.

Jake said:
    July 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Evil, uncaring and self consuming individuals committed this unthinkable act upon a challenged beautiful girl. How do they look at themselves in a mirror? Dogs!!!

LenMe said:
      July 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Please don't insult dogs. All a dog wants is to be loved. How about calling these people demons or thugs?

Child, Please! said:
        July 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Amen! As a dog-owner, I'm insulted on behalf of my dog! She treats people WAY better than that!

are you kidding me? said:
    July 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Disgusting. These guys are worthless animals and I truly hope they get what's coming to them. MISERY cause it's what they deserve.

James icon nor said:
    July 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Where's Jesse and al with the outrage for this child . Oh wait it's black on black crime. They won't benefit from this . Why is the black community not outraged about this. That's right it's one of there own

Noworries said:
      July 17, 2013 at 1:09 PM

As a member of the black community I am outraged about this. I am outraged whenever harm is done to a child of any race. I think the majority of people of all races are outraged when a child is harmed. What an ignorant statement for you to make.

Jim oconnor said:
        July 17, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Only the truth if it mattered to them they would be outraged. Not a peep from them. No national news event no need for. Jesse or. Al bro come out

Sick said:
    July 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Why was the video only taken down because it was linked to Jessica? Why was it ok to be up if it wasn't her?? Sick sick sick.

Mary said:
    July 17, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Glory Be to God!! I pray for Peace, healing & justice for Jessica & her entire family

Hal said:
    July 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Why wasn't this national news or the FBI involved.

Sorry said:
      July 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM

FBI only can be involved if it is a federal crime. If this proves to be a a crime that is governed by state law, FBI is not involved. If this proves to be a hate crime (one race against another) FBI would become involved. Black on black crime does not constitute a federal crime.

Frida said:
    July 17, 2013 at 4:44 PM

The brutality is beyond comprehension, the ONLY upside is that she is still alive. And since the CPD resolution of crimes is at an all time low, snitching on these animals, whoever knows anything, shouldn't take a second thought to do what is right.

Michael said:
    July 18, 2013 at 2:06 AM

This is an AWFUL, AWFUL thing to happen to this young woman. I truly hope she's able to recover. BUT, I'll bet it WAS NOT done by WHITE'S AGAINST A BLACK PERSON,,,,,,,, WHY? Because THAT WAS NOT STATED IN THE NEWS REPORT ! BE FAIR… STATE THE RACE THESE OF CRIMINALS. It was done in FL. Keep it even.